Fairfax County Local 2068 profile picture

Fairfax County Local 2068

2020 Fill the Boot

Join Our Team donate

2020 has been challenging for nearly everyone. We have watched loved ones and colleagues get very sick and businesses we frequent struggle with the "new norm". The Muscular Dystrophy Association was one of those businesses and, as a non-profit, any interruption in funding is disastrous and MDA is still struggling to recover. 70% of MDA's staff nationwide was furloughed and the remaining 30% were left with decreased work hours and increased responsibilities. All of this to make sure that their core mission of programs, services and research for those with neuromuscular disease is maintained.

Neuromuscular disease knows no race, gender or age boundaries. While great strides are being made with research and medication trials, those take continued funding. Costs of the "one stop shop" MDA clinic in Washington, D.C. have gone up with new safety protocols in place so their already immunocompromised clients do not get sick.

For more than sixty years nationwide and thirty-five years in Fairfax County, fire fighters and communications professionals have been Filling the Boot on street corners and in their workplace - raising money to help MDA fight back. Thanks to the tremendous generosity of the citizens, visitors and employees of Fairfax County, we have lead the nation in collections and donations benefiting our local chapter of MDA.

While this year is different in many ways, our goal is still the same and our mantra rings true, "Every little bit helps."

Please help us fight neuromuscular disease with MDA. 

Those who would rather write a physical donation check can make the check out to "Muscular Dystrophy Association" and mail it to:

Fairfax County Fill the Boot
c/o Fairfax County Professional Firefighters & Paramedics
10500 Sager Ave, Suite A
Fairfax, VA  22030

Thank you!

to

Team Members

profile picture